14 March 2020
Hands should be washed:
- Before starting work and after a break;
- after using toilets;
- after cleaning and/or emptying bins;
- after picking up items from the floor;
- after touching your mouth, nose, face, head or hair;
- after blowing your nose;
- after sneezing or coughing (if you need to sneeze or cough and don't have a tissue, you should do it into your elbow joint or upper arm);
- whenever hands feel or get dirty;
- after touching raw foods;
- when moving from one department to another.
The official advice is that handwashing should last for at least 20 seconds. Contact Embrace HR for more suggested precautions employers and employees can take in the workplace.
Talk to us about our range of packages and HR services which can be tailored to meet your HR needs
01204 292 007